Working at Vail Resorts provides an amazing opportunity to leverage the skills you ve acquired during your service. We seek brave, ambitious, and passionate leaders who are looking for more than a job, but a place where you can make a difference. Vail Resorts is committed to providing amazing service to our guests and our employees.
The Intermediate Lift Mechanic is responsible for handling maintenance and repair of complex lift systems at the resort. Similar to maintenance roles in the military, an Intermediate Lift Mechanic is an important role within mountain operations, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty, motivate and inspire others to deliver amazing results. Imagine the impact in the military if machines and systems were unable to run effectively. The operation would shut down. This is no different at the resort. Our machines are the lifeblood of the resort and this role requires someone with urgency, dedication and commitment to keeping our systems running smoothly.
Do you have experience working with heavy machinery systems? Do you like to learn new skills? Do you like to be a member of a team that solves complex problems?
Translatable roles: any roles involved with vehicle, mechanical or systems maintenance. Titles may include Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic, Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Engineman (EN), and Electricians Mate (EM).
- Responsible for following the Vail Resorts safety and risk management policies and procedures
- Responsible for performing all routine and assigned maintenance procedures under the guidance of lift maintenance manager and senior mechanics
- Responsible for recording all information of work performed on lifts and submitting to Lift Dispatch in a timely manner
- Responsible for assuring that the Maintenance Manager, Lead and Dispatch is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, observations or system malfunctions
- Assists in ongoing training and support of entry staff, maintenance helpers and seasonal lift staff
- Responsible for maintenance shops and on mountain lifts
- Communicates frequently with Lift operations, cat crew, snowmaking, guests, consultants, engineers, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Be proficient with a variety of tools both hand and electric, along with some knowledge of hydraulics
- Possess a valid US driver's license
- Proficient on computers, including Microsoft applications
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Able to work at heights up to 100 Feet
- Able to work in a variety of outdoor mountain weather conditions
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Able to stand for up to 4 hours during a shift without sitting
- Be an intermediate or better skier/snowboarder
- Must have at least 3 years of mechanical experience
Associated topics: commercial, general manager, housing property, management, manager i, office manager, operations manager, property manager, superintendent, supervise