The purpose of a HOUSE PORTER is to assist room attendants in preparing guest rooms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist room attendants with stripping beds and removing used linen and towels.
* Deliver towels to laundry for cleaning.
* Deliver fresh towels and linens to room attendants for guest rooms.
* Deliver additional supplies to room attendants as needed and as necessary.
* Effectively communicate with room attendants to ensure efficient and timely cleaning of guest rooms.
* Vacuum hallways of guest room floors.
* Perform all duties in accordance with brand standards and with emphasis on meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
* High school education is not required.
* Up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
* Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow through, and work with a minimum supervision.
* Ability to exert physical effort consistent with position as per the hotel standards.
* Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.
What to Expect
* Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
* Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
* Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
* Be recognized for excellence.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled associates.
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Associated topics: advocate, clerk, elementary school counselor, guidance counselor, healthcare, register, school nurse, scriptwriter, secretary, therapist