Sr. Project Engineer - Mission Integration IPT Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you looking to use your engineering capabilities, project management and collective skills in your next position? We could use your expertise on our team! We are innovators on a mission to unify, explore and inspire. As a Project Engineer, you will be using your skills and expertise to guide technical teams through project execution for our products and services. These cover a very wide range from advanced mission payloads and electronic systems through highly integrated aircraft to orbital and space exploration systems. You'll perform complex engineering design evaluations, working to ensure our projects are completed within budget and scheduling constraints and taking action to resolve issues when they arise. Your technical duties include the development of project plans and oversight of the technical execution of the project throughout its lifecycle.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study and typically 10 years or more of relevant experience
- Desire for new challenges, to be on the ground floor of an exciting capability for our nation, and to be part of the initial cadre developing a new multi-domain system.
- Willingness to work on a small team performing complex engineering design evaluations for a diverse mission where everyone’s input matters.
- Position requires demonstrated experience in aerospace systems development, production, test, or sustainment
- Demonstrated, successful performance leading system or segment design efforts on a complex weapon system development program
- Thorough understanding of requirements management, configuration management, interface management, risk management, system design, integration, and verification and validation.
- New air or spacecraft development or modification program experience
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematics, parts lists, specifications, instructions and test procedures
- Experience with mission system integrations, communications integrations or interoperability with C2 elements
- Experience with Open Architecture integrations. Experience implementing OMS compliant open architecture systems, UCI standard evolution, or experience with the Open Architecture Working Group
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary design and development teams
- An active Top Secret with SCI eligibility U.S. Security Clearance required
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study and 14 years or more of relevant experience
- Experience to leading a multi-disciplinary design and development team and communicating with program management and customers.
- Past history of leading baseline definition and maturation in a complex development setting, including the use of highly integrated trade studies and analysis of alternatives
- Experience with integrating, testing and operating multiple payload and communication subsystems to meet mission requirements
- 12 or more years demonstrated experience in aerospace systems development
- Understanding of industry standard software languages such as C, C#, C++, HTML, Java, Python, and Bash
- Experience with software tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis, library and artifact repository, and automated build
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, and Spiral.
- Proficient with data structures
- Experience with ground to space communications systems
- Familiarity with preparation and development of project estimates, technical proposals, and program cost and schedule management
This position requires an active Top Secret with SCI eligibilityU.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNCSierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...