Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Inspired by Italian trattoria cuisine, culture and conversation, Romano’s Macaroni Grill has been proudly serving unforgettable meals that leave a lasting impression to our deserving guests since 1988 – with knowledge, care and Italian charisma infused in everything we do.
As a leader in upscale Italian casual cuisine, we offer you outstanding career growth opportunities and a dynamic environment to showcase your leadership skills within.
The Host’s role is to provide a 'Guest First' service at all times, making the Guest the heart and passion of all they do. This includes friendly and timely interaction with Guests and Team Members, welcoming Guests, seating Guests, answering questions, supporting cooperative service, and following up to ensure each Guests’ needs are satisfied in a friendly manner, and encouraging Guests to return.
Hosts welcome Guests as they enter the restaurant, seat them at tables, monitor the timing of table turns, and thank Guests for their visit as they leave the restaurant.
Requirements ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Welcomes and greets the Guests following established service guidelines
• Give first time Guests a restaurant tour.
• Adhere to timing standards for products and service.
• Must know all food, liquor, beer and wine offered.
• Apply positive suggestive sales approaches to guide Guests on making food and beverage choices.
• Assist with keeping the restaurant spotlessly clean, safe, and sanitary.
• Ensure complete Guest satisfaction before Guests leave and inform a manager if not.
• Accurately quote wait times.
• Assist other Team Members whenever possible.
• Maintain spotlessly clean menus and promotional materials.
• Complete the daily and weekly cleaning duties.
• Assist with pre-bussing tables.
• Operate POS terminals.
• Take accurate to-go orders.
• At least six months of related experience preferred
• Must have clear written, verbal, and phone communication skills.
• Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the position description.
• Must be able to responsibly handle cash transactions.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to obtain Alcohol certification
• Ability to obtain Food Handler’s Certification
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers, to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
• The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...