To provide personal care and incidental activities of daily living as assigned to clients in the home setting in accordance with applicable law and regulations, accepted practice and the Office s policies and procedures.Applicability of this Job Description
This job description for a Personal Care Aide may be used only
in the following situations:
- In an organization that is not subject to the Medicare Conditions of Participation; or
- In an organization that is subject to the Medicare Conditions of Participation, a Personal Care Aide may be employed exclusively to furnish personal care services under a Medicaid personal care benefit. [CITE: 42CFR484.36.e.2]
- Assist as assigned with activities of daily living such bathing, grooming, toileting and elimination, and adequate nutritional intake.
- Assist as assigned with ambulation, transfers and/or range of motion exercises.
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy client environment.
- Assists client as assigned with incidental activities of daily living such as shopping, meal preparation, socialization activities, homemaking and medication reminders.
- Utilizes basic infection control measures such as hand washing and personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the task and assignment.
- Read and record client temperature, pulse, and respiration when assigned.
- Recognize and document changes in client condition and safety and report to supervisor.
- Organize self to carry out visits/shifts and tasks.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Provide requested documents to keep employee file current.
- Follow the assignment sheet/service plan performing only tasks that are assigned.
- Document observations, activities and service provided in an accurate, complete and timely manner.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- May have access to personal health information ( PHI ) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.