LPN - Home Care - Capitol Hill
InnovAge in Denver, CO
- Industry: Healthcare - Nursing - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN/LVN)
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $49,740.00 - 61,900.00 / Year*
Under clinical supervision, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) performs assigned nursing procedures and provides general nursing care to participants, in accordance with InnovAge policies and all applicable regulations.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Participant Care
Estimated Percent of time Spent 100%
Provides general nursing care which includes the supervision or administration of prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.
Furnishes services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned per the plan of care, in accordance with agency policies and applicable regulations
Performs treatment(s) per policies and procedures.
Implements the orders written by primary care and nursing orders when necessary.
Performs phlebotomy functions when necessary
Instructs participants and family regarding medications and treatment instructions and ensures understanding of given information.
Observes, records, and reports participant s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
Signs off on orders, and explains orders and instructions to appropriate personnel, implements orders written by primary care and nursing when necessary.
Administers vaccinations and TB testing, documents and records results test administration and results appropriately.
Prepares clinical and progress notes and completes assigned audits and performs electronic or written documentation.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and registered nurse reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the client's physical or emotional condition.
- Accepts, writes and executes orders; orders are cosigned by RN.
- Assures that the client/family is involved in implementing the plan of care.
- Assists in reviewing, collaborating and updating the client plan of care as appropriate.
- Participates in peer review and QM activities as assigned.
- Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
- Adheres to Agency standards and consistently interprets and accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
High School Diploma or GED required
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
Current State Issued Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license
Current CPR card or the ability to obtain a CPR card.
InnovAge Home Care LPN s require personal transportation, valid state issued driver s license, good driving record and auto insurance as required by law.
Work Experience and Qualifications
A minimum of one year of experience working with the frail or elderly
Work Experience and Qualifications
One to three years of experience as an LPN in a clinic or long term care setting with geriatrics experience
Knowledge of medications used in the treatment of geriatrics
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new applications.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable conclusions and compile accurate reports.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and tactfully present information to, and communicate with, co-workers, employees, and others.
- Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence knowledge.
- Ability to read and write memos, reports, and correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format.
Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working relationships.
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive, self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
InnovAge Service Standards Requirements
Safety- Maintains a safe work place. Reports all unsafe work conditions to supervisor and/or Safety & Loss Control Manager and works in conjunction with supervisor, Safety & Loss Control Manager, and staff to correct unsafe work conditions. Follows and enforces all safety policies.
- Commitment Commits to his/her job and to the success of the company. Continuously puts forth the effort to achieve goals and continuous quality improvement. Degree to which employee goes the extra step to ensure job/task completion. Takes initiative to offer ideas to improve processes or results.
- Cooperativeness Consistently supports management decisions as demonstrated by his/her actions. Demonstrates a can do attitude by responding positively to instructions. Follows instructions and works harmoniously with others to complete the job or task.
- Attendance Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance expectations/requirements. Faithfully reports to work and conforms to scheduled work hours. When necessitated, follows call-in procedures and informs others of absences.
- Customer Service - Embraces the organization's commitment to internal and external customer service and demonstrates a customer-centric approach when interacting with co-workers, participants, clients, and all other business contacts.
- Confidentiality Maintains confidentiality of employee, participant, and client data/information, and any other sensitive organization information as appropriate.
- Adherence to Company Policy Follows and enforces guidelines as established by policies. Conforms to company and job standards and requirements. Shows respect for others. Acts in the best interests of the company at all times. Serves as an example for others. Conducts business in an ethical fashion.
- Reliability Completes responsibilities with minimal direct supervision. Follows through with assigned jobs and tasks all the way through completion. Puts forth the effort to achieve goals and objectives under varying circumstances.
- Alignment with Company Goals & Objectives Supports the organization s mission, vision, and values and holding self-accountable for applying these principles daily and personally living them when working with co workers, participants, clients, and all other business contacts.
- Quantity of Work / Productivity Produces at a high volume. Always puts forth the effort to maximize productivity. Meets or exceeds established work deadlines. Engages in a productive work effort whenever possible. Meets goals and objectives.
- Quality of Work Produces work that is accurate and reliable. Accomplishes work quickly and efficiently. Works in a thorough and organized manner while minimizing down time. Results are consistently within acceptable quality standards.
- Job Knowledge Demonstrates a thorough understanding of his/her job processes and procedures. Integrates knowledge to efficiently accomplish job requirements. Efficiently uses resources (including staff and management) to obtain additional knowledge.
- Communication Exhibits good interpersonal skills. Develops and fosters professional relationships with co-workers, participants, clients, and vendors. Keeps others informed as directed by operational demands and need-to-know. Keeps self informed of announcement made via established company venues
Associated topics: hemodialysis, license, licensed practical nurse, lvn, med surg, nurse iii, nurse iv, nurse lpn, pediatrics, vocational
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!