Are you a finance and accounting professional seeking your next role where you can make a difference in a company that is focused on strong customer relationships and the employees who make that happen?
Denver-based construction contracting company is seeking a Financial Controller for their growing office.
As Controller, you will provide training, direction and evaluation of business practices related to the accounting functions. You will work with leadership, management and team members to create effective and efficient financial/accounting processes. In this position, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining processes and procedures, addressing tight deadlines and accounting functions, including general ledger and financial statement review.
Special emphasis is required in project or construction related accounting is desired.
- Financial Tracking
- Create and prepare financial statements for leadership, audits and other needs as necessary utilizing Quickbooks
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Management
- Work with project managers to ensure accurate billing and contract compliance.
- Track progress payments and ensure timeliness.
- Ensure accuracy of invoiced project tax rates
- Ensure billing is consistent with contract agreements and documents.
- Track subcontracts
- Discover cost containment opportunities
- Reconcile and consolidate accounts, identify erroneous or unusual material items.
- Complete 1099 and other tax forms as necessary.
- Oversight and development of payroll department to ensure timeliness and accuracy of payments and tax compliance. Back-up for payroll processing.
- Financial Reporting
- Maintain all accounting records including tracking all expenses.
- Cash Flow
- General Ledger
- Journal Entry organization and maintenance
- Manage and reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts as well as loan payments; reconcile to amortization schedules
- Interacts with outside audit firm, banks, insurance brokers, and other 3rd parties in matters pertaining to accounting issues. Reviews 3rd party reporting requirements as necessary.
- Insurance and Taxes
- Ensure compliance with General Liability, Workers Compensation, Property Tax and other certificates required by the city and state
- Office Administration
- Maintain user access within accounting software
- Collaborate with leadership and management on various company projects, initiatives, and strategies for the future
- Special projects as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field required
- Five to Seven years of experience as a senior accountant, accounting manager or Controller.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience in construction industry preferred
- Familiarity with various financial models required
- Experience with QuickBooks required