Assistant Feedmill Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
- 3-5 years of operating a feedmill
- Prefer previous experience supervising and managing people
- Experienced in grain handling facilities and working in a feedmill in the livestock industry preferred
- Good operations skills: communication, record keeping, purchasing, tracking inventory, etc.
- Routine maintenance required with attention to detail
- Willingness to tackle new projects and look at change as an opportunity to take on more responsibility
- Self-motivated with organizational skills in inventory, grain handling, maintenance schedule, production and record keeping
- Takes pride in their work, as well as the facilities
- Able to motivate fellow employees while operating under SOP
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable JOB DESCRIPTION:
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for an Assistant Feedmill Manager for a progressive cattle feeder in northeast Colorado. Person will help oversee milling staff, feed trucks, and minor ingredients purchasing for feedmill. Ideal person will have the experience and the skills necessary to work in and help run the mill. This employee needs to have people skills to manage fellow employees working as a team to keep pace with production of feed while maintaining strong record keeping and communication with upper management. D UTIES AND R ESPONSIBILITIES :
Assists in managing non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimizes mill downtime by completing maintenance requirements and scheduling maintenance/repair; develops and implements mill preventative maintenance program.
- Monitors quality control of commodities received through regular inspection and testing.
- Maintains quality of finished feed rations by using quality ingredients and following recommendations from the Nutritionist; may purchase commodities.
- Fills in when an employee is absent or as necessary.
- Complies with applicable OSHA, FDA, and EPA regulations; maintains appropriate compliance records.
- Sets a positive example for employees by modeling safe work practices and following safety rules and policies. Communicates critical safety information to employees by conducting regular safety training; monitors workplace for unsafe/noncompliant behavior.
- Assists in development of department capital and operating budgets; manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
- Manages department supplies inventory by researching costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies and approving orders.
Loading some great jobs for you...