The Server should create a dining experience that encourages the guest to return.
In addition, the Server:
* Welcomes guests after they are seated.
* Exhibits professional attitude and presentation per our appearance and dress standards.
* Knows the menu, including ingredients and prices.
* Where appropriate, explains specials, and makes recommendations to guests.
* Takes orders for food, and effectively communicates with Kitchen staff to ensure that food is promptly and properly prepared for guests.
* Performs all table service functions with a commitment to guest satisfaction.
* Anticipates the needs of guests, i.e., more coffee. Demonstrates \"service\" attitude with other staff and customers.
* Performs assigned side work relating to the Server position.
* Assists team members as necessary.
* Assists in maintaining the service station during the shift, and busses tables, seats guests, hosts, takes to-go orders, and assists with maintaining FOH cleanliness.
* Rolls silverware as assigned on a daily basis
* Accurately reports tip income on a daily basis.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be 18 years of age.
* Weekend Availability Required*
Must have reliable transportation
Essential Physical Requirements:
* Walk and stand throughout the entire shift.
* Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe.
* Regularly lift up to 50 lbs
* Frequently wash hands
* Regular and predictable attendance
* Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures
* Must report to work in a neat, clean uniform and present a well-groomed, hygienic appearance
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, management and coworkers.
* Must possess basic math, reading and writing skills
* Must possess basic computer skills
* Must be able to make change
* Must be multi-task oriented
* Must have knowledge of workplace safety procedures
* Any and all certifications when applicable
Associated topics: auxiliar de comedor, food and beverage server, host, hostess, maitre d, restaurant server, steward, wait staff, waiter, wine steward