CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at for more information.
Creates and places Purchase Orders for goods and services and assists in the control and availability of
goods and services used by the company in its networks and everyday business transactions. Identifies and
acts upon opportunities to commoditize products and services and lead efforts to identify other cost savings
opportunities. Assesses supplier order management milestone performance to Key Performance Indicators
(KPI's), coordinating contract price updates and supplier catalog information and enhancing supplier
deliveries and performance while maintaining excellent supplier relationships. Researches needs,
recommends solutions, proposes and prepares business procedures required to address specific business
Developing- to intermediate- level professional with knowledge of and exposure to fundamental
theories, principles and concepts.
* Applies knowledge of principles in a specialized field.
* Using education and experience resolves a range of routine and non-routine issues.
* Analyzes data, identifies several different solutions along with pros and cons with respect to impact on the business.
* Applies company policies and procedures to resolve issues.
* Reviews requisitions to determine if vendor is the least cost equivalent quality vendor. Leads efforts to identify commodity groupings and suppliers. Develops purchasing-specific RFI, RFQ and RFP requirements and engages peers to finalize bid package. Qualifies and selects commodity vendors based on price and technical capability. Performs audits to identify material that could be contracted with preferred suppliers. Helps develop processes to formalize purchasing team operations.
* Receives and reviews requisitions. Ensures that the least cost, equivalent quality, and networkapproved supplier is being used. Creates and releases POs to supplier. Verifies order receipts, tracks delivery dates and notifies requestor of potential delivery discrepancies. Updates internal databases with information as required. Creates and issues change orders. Assists Procurement Manager with pricing disputes and processing of claims for damaged or missing material.
* Identifies and resolves all purchase order date and availability jeopardy on a daily basis. Identifies, documents, and escalates order jeopardy conditions. Recommends jeopardy resolutions to supplier epresentatives and/or internal clients. Prepares and publishes quarterly supplier performance report cards for each assigned supplier to emphasize and drive resolution of process issues and enhance vendor delivery performance.
* Ensures integrity of vendor database information within procurement system. Identifies opportunities for system enhancement and assists with testing of internal procurement systems and databases.
* Provides real-time B2B portal and EDI supplier support, striving to ensure all supplier support
* Requests are addressed within 2 hours of submission by the supplier.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent typically with 2-4 years experience
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, \"protected statuses\"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Associated topics: analyse, analyst, business systems analyst, consult, examiner, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, inspect, investment banking, law
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.