IT Support - Hardware and Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The individual will provide technical assistance to department staff, all of whom are currently working remotely. S/he will answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients via telephone, electronically or in person (if position continues past the current Work from Home situation). S/He may provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Specific tasks may include:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Set up an new user/account for new hire (account in domain control, email account, share drive etc…)
- Maintain and manage software licenses
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Computers and electronics
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Windows 10 troubleshooting experience
- Windows Server 2008/2012+ experience
- Network Services (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Cisco ASA firewall administration
- Experience with Office 365 administration
- Experience with Active directory administration
- VPN experience
- Assist in providing configuration management support for hardware and software
- Provide technical support to users for complex business-related technical problems
- Assist in providing support to production support service requests
- Providing end-user support and system maintenance
- Assist project manager in developing performance management support
- Ensure effective communication between the product support team and the technical support team
- Guarantee customers receive necessary technical support
- Provide support to production support service requests and perform routine maintenance and support activities
- Resolve technical support issues and communicate solutions directly with client technical teams
- Defining software, hardware and network requirements
- Assist users in accessing and resolving computer hardware and software problems/desktop support specialist; provide technical, operations and training support for PC
- Supervise day-to-day technical support to customers and software developers
- Manage enterprise software application support - work closely with relevant users
- Prioritize the application support team's workload
- Reporting to Director, IT
- Providing desktop computer support, software asset management, hardware asset management, and vendor support management
- Provide support services for the implementation and continuing support of enterprise-wide software development and maintenance related activities
- Process across all support areas
- Enhance tools to provide management with reports on key technical support metrics
- Firing in helpdesk support group
Loading some great jobs for you...