Assistant Manager/Shift Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Assistant Manager/Shift Manager
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
Department: Restaurant Operations
We are located at 651 16th Street, Golden, CO 80401. We are on the corner off Jackson St and 16th St. We are located next to Safeway.
The Assistant Manager/Shift Manager supports the Restaurant Manager in ensuring delivery on the Customer Promise through managing the daily operations of a single restaurant. Helps manage financial controls, operations, people development, customer service and compliance across shifts for desired restaurant outcomes (i.e., increased sales, profitability and employee retention). The Assistant Manager/Shift Manager has full accountability for restaurant operations in the absence of the Restaurant Manager.
Principal Responsibilities and Key Activities:
Leads Operations: Directs efficient and accurate preparation of products for prompt customer delivery within the established speed of service guidelines.
- Provides production direction to crew in a clear and concise way
- Sets an example for crew by working hard to ensure swift and smooth production
- Remains patient and positive with crew while delegating tasks and giving production instructions (Influences Others)
- Attains targets set for Speed of Service, Guest Trac and SPO targets
Leads Customer Service Delivery: Motivates and directs crew members and Shift Coordinators to do what it takes to exceed customer expectations with food and friendly service in clean surroundings, while consistently adhering to quality, service, cleanliness standards
- Makes an excellent impression on customers and crew through positive and friendly attitude
- Works quickly with crew to resolve customer complaints in a friendly and professional manner
- Directs crew to take pride in the details of delivering the customer promise and Brand Delivery Standards (Gets Results)
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet different team needs to ensure customer promise delivery (Can Play Many Roles)
- Coaches crew to effectively implement marketing/sales strategies (i.e., up selling tickets, focus on value menu.
- Completes all Travel Paths according to expectation
- Completes all BKC and company processes and procedures relating to operations
Builds Crew Talent: Supervises and trains crew members and Shift Coordinators on crew stations and BKC products, processes and policies and assists restaurant management team with recruiting, selecting and retaining effective crew talent.
- Delegates work to crew members in a way that encourages them to work together during shift to ensure the restaurant operates to BKC standards
- Sets challenging goals for self and crew, provides timely performance feedback and ensures accountability
- Assists with restaurant management efforts to identify/hire/promote/orientate effective crew talent
- Helps restaurant management identify effective crew performers who are 'at-risk-of-losing' to support crew retention efforts
Assists with Profit and Loss Management: Follows cash control/security procedures and helps to maintain inventory, manage labor, and apply financial reports across shifts to enhance restaurant results
- Applies expertise to manage checklists and cash reporting; identifies cash shortages and overages during shift
- Identifies when to send crew home according to labor models and customer traffic/volume patterns
- Achieves labor targets
- Achieves food cost variance targets
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a minimum of one (1) year of excellent performance standards with a Burger King restaurant or a comparable work record in a restaurant or in the retail/hospitality industry is preferred
- English language proficiency that enables speech clarity and proficient reading and verbal comprehension
- Must be able to work any shift on any day of week
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
Loading some great jobs for you...