BVSD Culinary Center (BVSDCC) Food Service Vending Driver
Compensation: $38,160.00 - $62,150.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
BVSD Culinary Center (BVSDCC) Food Service Driver
.5 FTE- (20 hr/wk)
Hourly Pay Range- $16.77 - $23.12
Click on the following link for a detailed job description: BVSD Culinary Center (BVSDCC) Food Service Driver
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
Food Service (FS) Driver is responsible for picking, staging, checking, loading and delivering site orders from the Culinary Center and delivering them to all Food Services sites throughout the district. The Food Services Driver will be performing tasks according to established policies and procedures. The scheduling and routing may vary depending on the specific needs of the Food Services Department. The Food Service Driver is responsible for the food safety and food quality of all items during transportation and delivery.
* Use handheld scanning device to service machines, scanning inventory.
* Collect money from vending machines and create deposit bags, organize w/ FS admin
* Organize vending inventory in warehouse and on trucks for service
* Report monthly inventory of all items on trucks and warehouse
* Create weekly vending orders to be provided to purchaser
* Troubleshoot vending machine issues
* Understands and is able to communicate the philosophy of the BVSD Food Services Program and sets a positive example as a representative of the department who travels throughout the district on a daily basis and works harmoniously with staff and students.
* Understands and practices the FSD's Standard Operating Procedures + HACCP SOP'S with regard to handling food and supply products, records and maintains food transport logs, understands time and temperature as it relates to food delivery, and practices FIFO in the process of checking, delivering and stocking (when applicable) items at the FSD sites.
* Delivers food and supplies following prescribed routes and procedures, and checks with authorized personnel to ensure that delivery tickets are accurate as printed. Assists with periodic physical inventory processes as needed. Move food, rotating, and taking orders to other locations in the Culinary Center.
* Uses truck lifts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks to safely handle multiple and heavy loads of products, and utilizes other equipment as necessary, including reach trucks and industrial stacker, to accurately pick, stage, and organize deliveries for school sites.
* Maintains the cleanliness of delivery vehicles, Food Services Delivery Totes, and Food Services Storage Areas as assigned.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Communicate (read, write, and speak) in English
* Completed and submitted BVSD online application
* Minimum of one year experience in: Delivery Driving
* Valid Colorado Driver's License and clean driving record that meets BVSD insurability requirements
* Offer contingent upon passing post offer physical
* Must pass FS Online Training Assessment by completion of probationary period
* Must obtain ServSafe certificate within probationary period
* Ability to operate a hand truck
* Ability to operate a pallet jack within 1 month of hire
* Ability to operate electronic lift gates
* Forklift/Reach Truck Operator Certification; must acquire within 3 months
* Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
* Minimum of one year experience in: Food Service
* Basic skills: personal computing, keyboarding and word processing; critical thinking and problem solving skills
* Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
* Apply on-line at (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
* If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
* Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel - 720-###-####; Office for Civil Rights -
Associated topics: caviar driver, delivery courier, delivery driving, driving with uber, instacart, lyft driver, shipt, shipt driving, shopping, uber driver
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...