Payee Services Representative
Wheat Ridge, CO
3+ month contractPart time 32hrs per weekPrimary Responsibilities:
Additional Shared Responsibilities:
- Primary contact with clients
- Primary to answer phones
- All client/care coordinator meetings including budget development, budget updates and addressing budget concerns
- Will be asked to review, then approve or deny extra fund disbursement
- In community contact with clients, including payments to motels
- Primary contact with staff, including email
- Primary contact with SSA
- Redeterminations, change of address, change in repayment requests, and any other information requested by SSA to maintain benefits.
- Enter changes to spreadsheets due to changes in consumer budgets/finances.
- Issue all checks and EFT's
- Prepare and write checks and bills for client weekly grocery money and personal needs funds, monthly housing payments and other monthly bills, monthly bus passes and bus tokens and for cash products.
- Annual Representative Payee reports for each client to Social Security Administration;
- Maintain appropriate record keeping requirements, including invoices, cash disbursements, program back-ups and internal documentation.
- Provide required financial information/reports to JCMH staff/payee clients as requested for client to apply for and/or maintain other benefits like Section 8 housing, food stamps, etc.
- Contact medical facilities/pharmacies on behalf of payee clients to provide insurance information if client has neglected to do so.
- Act as intermediary to establish and/or maintain utility/phone service for client's residence.
- Maintain communication with the landlords of payee clients as issues relate their housing.
- Negotiate, if necessary, with the above listed facilities for appropriate payments or payment arrangements.
- Communicate with case managers/clinical staff to ensure client financial goals are appropriate
- Communicate with JCMH Benefit Team regarding payee benefit issues.
- Document important case management and advocacy contacts.
- Present payee regulations and JCMH payee policies/procedures to new staff with regular contact with payee clients (per State regulations).
- Attend required meetings/supervision.
- Participate in job enhancement training.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to facilitate the provision of quality client care.
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounts Payables
- Billing, budgeting, and check writing
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point
- Customer Service experience
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working with SSA preferred
Associated topics: assist, front desk, help, help desk, patient, pc, technical support specialist, technician, technician iii, technology