Loading some great jobs for you...
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of skilled equipment operation, utility installation, and maintenance tasks, and to perform related duties as required. May act as crew leader as required and take the lead on certain tasks as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Installs and maintains wastewater and water mains, drainage channels, storm sewers, valves, hydrants, manholes, and service lines often in the right of way. This includes mixing concrete, building forms, shoring trenches, and taking trench and street cut measurements.
2. Uses tools and equipment to install and repair utility mains and related structures including, single and tandem axle dump trucks, backhoes, excavator, tamper, sewer jet, rodder, jackhammer, compressor, line locator, grinder, sewer and water tapping and flushing machinery, and hand and power tools. May perform routine maintenance on equipment as needed.
3. Works irregular hours, weekends, evenings, holidays, and/or emergencies as required to respond to water and wastewater main breaks, backups, spills and other Public Works emergencies. Response to snow shifts when called from mid-September through mid-April is a requirement of the position. Required to perform rotating standby duties.
4. Works in confined spaces that require ventilation to protect against potential noxious gases and fumes.
5. Required to wear protective safety gear and use safety equipment to protect against potential biohazards possibly encountered during performance of maintenance activities. May work with restricted use chemicals to perform maintenance activities.
6. Facilitates good communication with co-workers and supervisors. This includes:
Shares information and receives feedback, listens to and respects input, participates in workgroup conversations, and directly deals with issues that arise.
Communicates important information from supervisors and other City officials to co-workers and employees.
7. Reads quarter section book and as built plans. Takes and records ties and other related measurements.
8. Maintains accurate records of work performed and materials and equipment used. May use a computer to log information.
9. May act as lead worker for a small crew including task assignment and work instruction. May direct seasonal or temporary employees including task and work assignment and providing basic field training and input.
10. Remains generally alert to conditions and events occurring on public right of ways indicating anticipated or needed repairs, and reports such conditions to supervisors.
11. May interact with members of the public in the field to provide information and customer service.
12. Participates as a member of a team.
Treats co-workers and supervisors with respect and courtesy.
Contributes and gives input to the team.
Recognizes the needs of team members, and maintains a fair share of team's workload.
13. May assist in maintaining the transportation system.
Performs related duties as required to meet the needs of the city.
Takes good care of the City's equipment, clothing, and resources.
Takes proper safety precautions to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies and procedures. Reports all accidents and damage to city property.
Responsible for knowing and complying with all city and department policies; participating in professional trainings and development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies.
Generally, duties and responsibilities are listed from most to least critical or time consuming.