Are you an IT leader who has led successful business-IT transformation initiatives at a Global 2000 company? Have you helped companies build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical applications off of the mainframe?
Financial Institutions and Financial Services Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are rebuilding business-critical legacy applications to fully leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. At AWS, we’re hiring senior IT leaders in our Global Financial Services (GFS) Professional Services Practice to help lead mainframe modernization and application refactoring engagements with the world’s largest Financial Institutions and Financial Services ISVs.
As an application architect focusing on Mainframe Modernization, you will serve as a technical leader on client engagements, and define the technical approach for reengineering mission-critical mainframe applications into cloud-native applications on AWS. To be successful in this role you must have prior experience with:
· Migrating and modernizing workloads from mainframe environments to UNIX/Linux systems or the cloud
· Refactoring monolithic applications to microservices based architecture.
· Mainframe data migration, synchronization and offloading strategies.
· Java development.
This is a customer facing role and travel to customer locations for the duration of projects is expected.
· BS level technical degree or equivalent professional experience.
· 15+ years of experience designing and developing mission-critical, large-scale transaction processing and batch applications on IBM Mainframe systems including at least 5 years as a hands-on application or systems programmer.
· 3+ years as technical lead on mainframe application modernization initiatives, preferably to cloud environments.
· Experience implementing well-known migration strategies for MIPS reduction, batch off-loading, data synchronization and other techniques for workload migration.
· Knowledge of JCL and one or more programming languages such as COBOL, PL/I and Assembler.
· Knowledge of IBM middleware such as CICS, DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC and Adabas/Natural.
· 3+ years programming in Java.
· Work experience in Banking, Payments, Insurance or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
· Experience in leading the assessment, discovery and planning phases of mainframe migration projects.
· Experience with tools for mainframe code analysis, code re-hosting or emulation.
· Knowledge of cloud computing technologies.
· Experience migrating IMS DB databases to SQL or NoSQL databases.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...