Composite Technician 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Fabricate, assemble or repair composite production and aircraft parts. Install aircraft interiors modifying panels for medical and mechanical systems. Responsible for monitoring and controlling material usage in the shop. Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Install aircraft interiors modifying panels for medical and mechanical systems.
• Design and construct composite and wood molds, fabricates plastic and composite parts from respective molds, constructs small sheet metal or wood parts as needed.
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling material usage in the shop.
• Evaluate and repair aircraft parts returned from aircraft in service.
• Maintain scheduled maintenance and repairs of machinery, tools and work area.
• Occasional shift work, weekends, and overtime.
• Other Duties as assigned. Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 5%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies. Supervisory Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position. Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-3 years’ prior composites manufacturing and repair experience preferred. Skills
• Ability to apply fundamental concepts and knowledge of composite skills and their application.
• Dependable and self-motivated
• Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude under deadline pressures Equipment Used
• Sheet metal shear, hand brake, roller, belt sander, band saw, table saw, drill press, sheet metal and wood working related hand and air tools.
• Employee must provide necessary hand tools to perform duties in a safe, effective, and efficient manner. Certification
• FAA Airframe certification preferred.
This position is subject to drug and/or alcohol testing per the DOT/FAA requirements (pre-employment, random, reasonable cause/suspicion, post-accident).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Loading some great jobs for you...