Parks Maintenance Worker II - Grounds
Employment Type: Full-Time
Overall Job Objective
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Under general supervision, to perform a variety of duties involved in the maintenance of parks, trails, and related facilities.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Perform the full range of turf maintenance duties, to include: watering, mowing, weeding, trimming, aerating, renovating, and fertilizing turf.
- Perform the full range of shrub and flower bed maintenance, to include: planting, watering, fertilizing, and maintaining landscaped areas including bushes, trees, flowers and shrubs; control weeds.
- Trim and prune bushes, trees, and shrubs to provide clearance of sidewalks, signs, and lights, as well as to ensure the continued health of the bush, tree, or shrub.
- Perform a variety of duties in the maintenance and repair of the irrigation system, to include: changing and adjusting heads, maintaining controllers, and assisting in irrigation system installation and maintenance projects.
- Operate the full range of grounds maintenance vehicles and equipment including dump trucks, mowers, edgers, blowers, forklift, tractors, loaders, and hand and power tools; maintain tools and equipment and perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Inspect and maintain play equipment, picnic tables, and other related parks equipment and facilities; install and repair playground equipment, fences, and other related parks equipment and facilities; sand and paint trash receptacles, picnic tables, and related items.
- Identify plant and animal pests to be controlled; measure, mix, and apply chemicals to trees, shrubs, grass, and flowers to control weeds, insects, and plant disease; set and monitor rodent traps.
- Remove fallen trees, stumps, fallen limbs, and related debris resulting from storm damage and general conditions.
- Patrol parks and trails; identify maintenance needs and safety hazards; report needs to appropriate staff.
- Remove graffiti along trails, in parks, and in other areas.
- Rake leaves and clear debris from walks, trails, fields, and other facilities; sweep trail roads and parking lots; pick up trash.
- Clean and maintain restrooms; stock restrooms with necessary supplies; repair toilets, urinals and faucets.
- Identify equipment needs for each assigned project.
- Perform winterizing maintenance in parks, gardens, and County owned facilities; remove snow.
- Determine appropriate methods, sequences, and layout of work detail.
- Assist in the construction of various projects; assist in the maintenance of roads and parking lots.
- Deal courteously and tactfully with public in response to inquiries and complaints; provide information regarding rules and regulations of the parks, trail, and other facilities.
- May assist in supervising/monitoring seasonal and volunteer staff.
- Assist in the setup and operations of the Adams County Fair; prepare signs.
- Perform other related duties ad responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Two (2) years experience in the maintenance of trails, parks, or related facilities.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- License or Certificate:
- Candidates must possess a valid Colorado Commercial Driver's License Class B at the time of interview.
- Candidates selected for interviews will need to provide a current copy of their motor vehicle record.
- Adams County is required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to conduct pre-employment drug screens, background checks and motor vehicle record checks.
- Successful candidates must pass all of the above, including a DOT physical and a criminal background check.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- More Qualifications for Success
Essential duties require the following physical abilities and work environment:
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, crouch, squat, stoop, reach, crawl, twist, climb, and lift 50 pounds.
- Exposure to cold, heat, noise, outdoors, confining work space, electrical hazards, vibration, chemicals, dust, toxic waste, mechanical hazards, and explosive materials.
- Availability for overtime, 24 hour on-call and stand-by call.
Loading some great jobs for you...